Monday, August 8, 2011

Style Highlights: Alexa Chung

I feel that lately I've been starting off each post with an apology. And for that I'm sorry. I posted about Dakota Fanning the day before yesterday and I wrote this post at the same time that I wrote that one because I knew that I was going to be SO busy today and I honestly wouldn't have time. I need to stop aologizing and just blog. :) Next week will be better but I think I said that last week.
__
 Alexa in Jason Wu and Valentino heels [left]. Alexa Chung in a leather skirt and short-sleeve sweater [right].

Alexa chose to wear a simple trench over and blue and white plaid mini-dress. Her up-do and super chic Valentino shoes keep the her from looking like she is dressed up as Dorothy, from The Wizard of Oz. She's a beautiful girl who looks young and fresh.

This is what rocker chic looks like! Alexa hits the nail on the head again. :) Her simple grey sweater is perfect for the cold days ahead but it becomes instantly chic when paired with a sleek leather mini-skirt. Her legs might be a little chilly but fashion knows no pain. Or at least that's what they say. Her leopard print purse is the perfect accesory. It is fun--without being over-the-top.

Alexa Chung in Chanel [left] and a peach button-down with black tousers [right].

Alexa always look great in Chanel. This blocking pattern exposes a bit more skin than Alexa is used to showing. The blue compliments her skintone wonderfully. Doesn't she look like she's glowing? Maybe it has to do with the fact that she's at a Chanel fashion show. Her soft, whispy locks frame her face to perfection. Lovely. :)

Aha! Alexa still looks fabulous in pants. This simple peach top, tied around the waist to accentuate it, is laid-back and simple. Alexa knows that less is more in the fashion world--not including fabric, that is.

Alexa in Burberry Prorsum [left] and Chanel [right].

Burberry! Oh, I'm in love. Burberry is one of the most iconic brands in the world. And Christoper Bailey has managed to maintain Burberry's classic reputation while creating a brand that is edgy and fashion-forward. The military green color is super popular at the moment but what really stands out is that cross-the-shoulder purse. Perfect to stow away makeup, cellphones, and other neccesities.

Another Chanel look and Alexa still looks gorgeous. Her black tights and black shoes enlongate her legs. Plus black is very flattering. She takes this classic frock and makes it her own by adding a funky skull necklace and heart shaped pin--featuring John Lennon and Yoko Ono. She doesn't take fashion too seriously. I admire that. :)

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE that first outfit! So incredibly cute.
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love her and that first outfit! She is amazing!

    xo Marcie

    ps- stop by tomorrow, I am finally hosting a L'Occatine giveaway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wish i could look that amazing in a leather mini!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so beautiful! I like the last outfit, the cream dress and black tights, the best. Classic and classy :)

    Val

    vals-closet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like her classic chic meets masculine style--it always looks wonderful! The first look is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...