Saturday, August 6, 2011

OPI Pirates of the Caribbean Collection + Swatches


Hello! And happy Friday. Today I'm doing a review and swatches for the new OPI collection that is being released in tandem with the new Pirates of the Caribbean film! I'm so excited for both the nail polishes and the movie. I'm a huge Johnny Depp fan. I also posted a few more photos on my Facebook page, if you want to check those out as well.

Polishes from top to bottom: Skull &Glossbones, Stranger Tides, Mermaid's Tears, and Silver Shatter.

My thoughts on these colors? I love Skull &Glossbones. As soon as I put it on it was so soft and subtle--perfect for everyday wear. It's the bottle that I'm holding in the picture. I was a little disappointed with Stranger Tides because it was the polish named after the movie so it had to be brilliant, right? No. I thought it looked a little muddy and gross. Maybe it'll grow on me with time.

Mermaid's Tears was the polish I was looking forward to the most when I first heard about this collection. I was not disappointed. It just looked darker on the nails than I thought but that's not a bad thing. It is this beautiful murky sea green color. And finally I put on the silver shatter because my pinky looked awkward with no polish! When I applied the color it didn't shatter. It just looked like silver glitter polish.

Skull & Glossbones, Stranger Tides, & Mermaid's Tears with Silver Shatter.

Silver Shatter doesn't show up very well over lighter colors like Skull &Glossbones and Stranger Tides. I think Black Shatter or one of the Blue Shatters would be better suited for these colors. But it looks incredible over Mermaid's Tears. This shatter is also very shimmery which will be fun to play around with during the upcoming summer months.

Polishes from top to bottom: Planks A Lot, Steady As She Rose, Sparrow Me the Drama, & Silver Shatter.

Planks A Lot is a beautiful medium purple. It isn't incredibly dark or light but falls perfectly in the middle. Steady as She Rose is a gorgeous light lilac/pink. It is similar to OPI's Step Right Up! from the Femme de Cirque Collection. Sparrow Me the Drama--the coolest named polish in this collection--isn't very original. It is a beautiful pink color but not super special.

Planks A Lot, Steady As She Rose, &Sparrow Me the Drama with Silver Shatter.

The Silver Shatter shows up better on Planks A Lot and Sparrow Me the Drama than Steady As She Rose--again because of their darker pigmentation's. I applied a bit too much on this set of nails. Tip about Silver Shatter: the more you apply, the less shatter. The inverse is also true. Also shatters dry fast. Like incredibly fast! Act quick when applying.

This was a really long post. Thanks for reading. I hope you liked my swatches. Enjoy the rest of your Friday and I'll see you tomorrow. Check out OPI's website for more information about these and other collections!

FTC: these products were given to me for review.

5 comments:

  1. I love Skull & Glassbones and Sparrow Me the Drama! So pretty and subtle. I desperately want to try these!
    xo Josie
    www.winksmilestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely colors!! I can't wait to see the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them... can't wait to buy them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the silver would look great over a deep purple or BLACK!
    Bellesme

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought the sampler pack and i have to say the purple wins, because its so special. I love the skull color. Its like the perfect off white, that's sophisticated. I don't care much about pink, and I can't wait to try the green. but the purple is a winner. Everyone noticed it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...