Saturday, August 6, 2011

Red Carpet Style: Dakota Fanning

The recent star of The Runaways, a movie about the band of the same name, is no longer the little girl from Uptown Girls and Charlotte's Web. I was surprised  to discover that this girl has style. I didn't know until she started promoting New Moon.

She was on the cover of Teen Vogue and it was stunning. I did a post about it earlier. Please, go check it out. But without further ado, a look at Ms. Fanning's impecible style. Enjoy!

Dakota fanning shining in short, but sweet dress from Valentino [left] and Elie Saab [right].

The sparkle details on the shoulders and the sheer neckalce show off skin without becoming too vulgur. Balance and proportion are key with girls that young. I applaude Dakota for not dressing to shock people by showing as much skin as possible. But shes makes people notice with her impecible sense of style. Not very many people can make Haute Couture fit into main-stream. I also love her makeup. She looks fresh and rosy-cheeked.

Then there's that nude colored Elie Saab look that is to die for. Hello? The embrodiered cocktail dress is effortless and light. She looks confident put together and any girl, worth her weight in Chanel clothes, would want that dress. She has this ability to sell products. Her Brian Atwoods are pretty amazing too.

Dakota in Emilio Pucci [left] and Valentino [right].

While Dakota's other two looks were soft and utterly femine. She also looks equally beautiful in these more structured looks. In that leather Valentino look she looks equal parts soft and tough. My favorite type of look. The neutral colors make her blue eyes pop and I'm obsessed with her black statement ring.

Then she pairs her ivory studded/embrodered dress with the perfect accesory. Yes. Of course I mean her platform purple Brian Atwood pumps. They're the perfect pop of color and I will always be a fan of purple Atwoods. :) Always. I just need to get myself a pair. And soon.

Doesn't she look absolutely stunning. I'm a little envious of her shiny, blonde hair. So pretty. :) I'm excited to see what the future has in store for this talented actress. I really wanted to see The Runaways but I just never got around to it. If you saw it what did you think?

Remember to become a fan on Facebook and follow using Google Friend Finder!

6 comments:

  1. personally i think that dark colours suits her better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like her style, even if I'm not the biggest fan of her acting. That Valentino is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so pretty, I really like the second dress on her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the first dress -- so gorgeous. She always looks so chic and age-appropriate.
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all these dresses but the Emilio Pucci dress is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She got great style. The pucci is my fave.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...