Monday, August 22, 2011

Interview with Blair Fowler [Juicystar07]

For those who aren't familiar with Blair Fowler, or Juicystar07, she is a beauty guru on YouTube, Seventeen magazine Beauty Smartie, youngest make-up artist to work at New York Fashion Week, and much more. And last week I got the opportunity to ask her a few questions about YouTube, fashion, and Serena Van Der Woodsen from Gossip Girl.

I know you've probably been asked this question so many times but a lot of my readers wonder how you started making YouTube videos?
My sister, Elle, started her YouTube videos in the summer of 2008 and kept telling me how much fun it was. That Christmas I was given a webcam and began to really focus on my channel. I have been loving it ever since!

What was it like when you met your first subscriber in real life? Was it a bit surreal or were you totally chill about it?
I did not even realize I had met a subscriber the first time it happened! We were both at the MAC counter the day of the Hello Kitty collection launch and in awe at all the products. We started chatting, but it wasn't until later that I received an email saying she was too embarrassed to tell me at the counter about how much she loved my videos.

The first time a subscriber came up to me, and announced herself as an actual subscriber, was very surreal. When she asked to take a picture, I did not know what to do- I said "with who"?


What is your favorite makeup brand? What are your must-have makeup products?
I have a lot of favorite make-up brands. My all time favorites are MAC, NYX, Laura Mercier and Urban Decay. My must have make-up products are Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation, Nars Powder Foundation, and Maybelline Falsies Mascara.
__
What are your top tips for girls who are still starting/experimenting with makeup?
4. PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE…and don't be afraid to try new things.
__
I know that you went to NYC fashion week. What was it like being the youngest makeup artist working in the tents and what was it like making your runway debut?
 NYC Fashion Week was an event I never thought that I would experience and I definitely soaked in every moment. My runway debut at the Pete Wentz Clandestine show was one of the most 'nerve racking' and 'heart pounding' moments of my life.

I love that you can celebrate outer beauty with makeup and fashion but I love it even more that you promote self-confidence and inner beauty to your subscirbers. Is it hard to stay confident and sane in the world of hateful comments from faceless people on the Internet? And what tips do you have for my readers who might experience poor self esteem or bullies in their real lives?
 There was a time when I used to allow the hateful comments to really affect me, but to be honest it no longer even phases me. This type of hate exists in everyday life and I really think that my readers should keep their heads up, trying their hardest to move forward because things will always get better.
__ 
And as this is a fashion blog, here are a few style questions. How would you describe your style in three words or less?
 In three words, my style is: Trendy, Feminine and Edgy


Ever have a style moment that you look back on and wonder what you were thinking?
Uh…Hello! Wearing a flower girl dress to my first grade class- I have never lived it down.
__
If you could have any celebrity's closet, whose would it be?
 I heard Victoria Beckham has a one million dollar handbag collection…that would be nice! I would also like to raid Selena Gomez’s closest, I love her classic style.
__
I know from watching your videos that you are a complete movie and TV buff. Who is your favorite fashionista on TV or the big screen?
 Blake Lively as Serena Van Der Woodsen on Gossip Girl.

Check out Blair's main YouTube channel for beauty/fashion videos. Also don't forget to check out her second channel for more personal vlogs.

Don't forget to follow and comment below! Thank you for reading. I'll see you guys tomorrow.

39 comments:

  1. its so awsome that you got to meet her... i really like her and her sisters videos great girls

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool--I've watched a few of her videos, and they were really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love u blair the first time i found about ur videos i watched like all the videos u uploaded in the past

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really do like her.. its sad that she can't reveal her real name though

    ReplyDelete
  5. i dont like blair's videos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Guys it doesn't really matter that she got a nose job it's her life and plus lots of people get them if u dnt like it then just dnt watch her videos an dont associate itself with anything about her u guys r bullying her to feel better bout urselvs

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's so cool that you got to interview Blair!! I love her videos. How did you manage to get in contact with her, if I may ask?

    Val

    ReplyDelete
  12. Why is everyone so obsessed with her nose/her name/her social life/her sex life?

    It is creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thats AWESOME! I love blair! =) Lol I like the picture "with who?" part... I LOVE Serenas style too! how did you manage to get through to her, dont thousands of people email her? Or are you super cool and know her somehow? =D
    Btw, I liked this a lot!
    Bellesme

    ReplyDelete
  14. Blair is amazing! Keep goin girl! we love you :)
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  15. oohn i love blair!!!
    and i loved this interview!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  17. She has NOT had a nose job ! Just cause she admitted to hating her nose! Some people are creepy on here get a life

    ReplyDelete
  18. Is she rich ?? Cauz' she can go wherever she wants and lives in L.A. (she is 17) & She has a lot of makeup ... that is sad. She is trying to be famous . duh --'

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  21. My gosh with her money she can donate but no, she is using them for makeup !

    ReplyDelete
  22. Who actually cares if she got a nose job?? It's her money so she can spend it on whatever she likes.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love Blair and her videos! She has been an inspiration to me and made me realize I can be confident and comfortable in my own skin. She is a great role model and I look up to her. I wish people would stop saying she is fake and superficial. Blair is a great person. For a lot of girls all over the world, she is their hero. She is their role model. People need to look at the positives and be happy. You will not be able to live your life to its fullest if you're always negative. Blair, if you ever read this, you and your videos are the best things that have happened to me. I was always really shy and didn't like myself before I discovered your videos. I always saw the bad things about me. In one of your videos, I remember you saying about being yourself and don't listen to the negative things people have to say. There are going to be those kinds of people, but you keep your head up high and keep moving on. You are always so confident and that inspired me. I love your videos and I hope everyone else can see what I mean and what I'm talking about. Love you Blair! <3

    ReplyDelete
  28. i loved this! she's so HONEST and down to earth! and who cares if she even got a nose job? its HER body! its HER choice!i dont care what SHE CHOOSES to do as long as it makes HER happy! Blair is truthful and cares about her fans and would never say anything is "good" when she wouldnt waste her own money on it! She's talented and has inspired so many people! i have watched all her videos and will forever! xoxo, love you Blair!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. oh em gee! i love Blair! and your videos! Why do haters even post their comments here? if u dont like her why would you waste ur time to read the entire interview and then just post that shes fake? its okay. you have your own opinions! but repeating them over and over again wont make u seem any more better then her! She has people who love her and admire her everywhere and that wont stop just becuase she got a nose job! and even if she did. SO WHAT? does it make her any more LESS amazing? i dont think so! and i will never believe that she even got a nose job until she tells us her self! there all pathetic rumors until the day she posts a video saying that she DID get one. and then what? nothing! she'll still continue making her videos and being an amazing beauty artist and PERSON! Many people look up to her, and i bet you that Blair understands that she has haters, and even respects them! becuase their entitled to their own opinion! but always posting the same thing? if u dont like her, why even post the comment? ROCK ON BLAIRRR !! WE LOVE YOU!! NEVER STOP MAKING VIDEOSS! EVERR! LOL :P <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  30. xxx blair xxx we <3 u xxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. I searched hair in google and stumbled upon Blair I have been hooked ever since! Great interview! Thx!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Like many have said, who cares if she has had a nose job? I hate my ears and I'm saving up to have them pinned back, does that make me a bad person?

    Also, why do people hate on her because she has money? It's not her fault she has money and it's not a bad thing!!! She's 17 years old and living the dream, well done to her!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love her!!and blake lively as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  34. This was a great interview, I <3 Blair's videos! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  35. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  36. She wants to be rich

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...