Friday, July 15, 2011

Essie Van D'Go Swatch + Review

Removed one Essie polish and put on another. I really liked Nice is Nice but I needed a change. I've had Van D'Go for a while now but I was never motivated to try it on until I saw it on my little sister. It was the perfect summer color. Bright. Bold. Pretty. Until I put it on my nails.

I wish that it showed up in the photo but it is this pretty light peach in person. It is a lot more orange. And it is considerably louder. I tried to like it, I really did, but after only about half and hour I removed it. I DID take pictures so that I could share my thoughts with you. Maybe it will look better when my slight summer tan has worn off? If not, I will happily give it to my little sister because it looks great on her.

Please don't write of this polish because it didn't look good on my skin tone. It really goes to show that nail polish, like perfumes and foundations, is very subjective. But something that isn't subjective is the formulation. It was kind of gloopy and thick. Not as thick as Borrowed & Blue but not nearly as smooth as Nice is Nice. Those are the only two Essie polishes that I've tried before.

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...