Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Red Carpet Style: Carey Mulligan

Carey Mulligan is dressed in a mustard chiffon dress [left] and vintage Prada [right].

I have to admit that I prefer Carey's hair with a slight wave to her short hair. It adds texture and demension. I also perfer her with that carefree smile on her face. It doesn't appear forced but like a moment of pure happiness. She has a great style. But on another note that pleated mustard dress is to die for. It hits her at the right spot on the knee and skims her body.

Then that Prada dress is structured and the perfect summer dress. The print is nostalgic. The color from the print seems to almost match her lip color perfectly. The fitted belt draws in her waist and the nude shoes give the illusion that she is taller. Very impresed. :)

Carey Mulligan in RM by Roland Mouret and Fendi shoes. Carey in Elie Saab.

When I first noticed Carey, I was quickly impressed with her super-chic British style. I'm in love with British style--its just so different from American fashion. Both of these looks are rather sub-dued but the punch comes for the details rather than the bold color. The Mouret garmet fits her body like a glove and the proportions are perfection. She appears confident and professional. Those Fendi cut-out shoes balance the geometic inspiration from the garment.

Then there is the Elie Saab piece. Elie Saab is known for elegance and femininity. The sheer skirt almost appears like fringe. Or is it? I can't tell. Carey paired the look with simple black pumps, in an effort not to draw any attention from the delicate bodice--its lace is both sexy and classy at the same time.

What did you think of Carey's style? If you want more Viva la Fashion become a fan on Facebook for up to the minute updates. You will get updates whenever a new post is published.

14 comments:

  1. She is VERY chic. I've been really loving her looks lately; how stunning is that last black dress? Gorgeous!
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooopssss,
    Ok she was Kitty Bennett? Or at least one of the Bennett Sisters.
    Love that film, and really think she suites the boyish hair cut.

    :)

    http://styletitch.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like her style... plus she's so beautiful that I think she would look great whatever she was wearing!!

    http://myownstrangelittle-world.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. She picks amazing dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like her style in the last two pictures, and I agree, a little wavy in her hair looks the best!

    P.S. Head over to my blog for my latest giveaway :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. She played Kitty (be impressed, I didn't cheat)!! I LOOOVE Pride and Prejudice!! Thats still how I tell people who she is, haha..."one of the younger sisters in P&P" :D :D

    I love her and her style, sooo gorgeous!!! :D
    http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm obsessed with her movie An Education; if you haven't seen it, rent it, stat. She's so chic, but I do miss her long hair.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love her look!! and also your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love her! I plan on getting a Carey-style haircut before I die. (:

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! This blog is cool! Hey, when you have the chance, check my blog out and tell me what you think! Its a company i am starting and i want an opinion. If you like what you see, please follow me! I'll do that same for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Carey Mulligan's style! I definitely want to see Never Let Me Go as well,sounds like such a good movie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. she's a classic beauty!

    fashionableroad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...