Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Revlon "Gumdrop" Lip Butter Swatch + Review

Revlon Lip Butter in "Gumdrop"
 My Hawaii time has come to an end. For those of you who didn't know, each year I spend about a month in Hawaii split between my Aunt's house in Honolulu and my Grandma's house on the Big Island. It is one of the highlights of my summer as I get to spend time with my family and work on my tan. To celebrate my time in Hawaii, I thought I would blog about one of my favorite shades to wear while I'm here. I don't know what it is that compels me to reach for "Gumdrop" while I'm here but it's one of those staple summer shades.

Revlon Lip Butter in "Gumdrop"
Unlike many products in my makeup collection, "Gumdrop" is truly unique. I can only think of one product that is anything similar (Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in "Darling") but of the two I prefer to wear "Gumdrop". Like all the other Lip Butters, this one has an easy and smooth application. It isn't moisturizing but it's ultra creamy formula feels lovely on the lips. The packaging is sleek and modern (a signature of Revlon's packaging) but a youthful twist is added with the colorful quilted caps. The caps are a genius idea--they make searching for the perfect color in your disorganized makeup collection or at the bottom of your handbag a breeze. The only noticeable design flaw I've found in the time I've used the Lip Butters is that product will collect on the sides of the tube. It's a bit messy but nothing to be overly concerned about.

Revlon Lip Butter in "Gumdrop" Swatch
Revlon Lip Butter in "Gumdrop" swatched on lips
"Gumdrop" is one of those colors that is hard to appreciate the true beauty until you've seen it swatched on the lips. It gives the subtlest hint of lilac to the lips. Sometimes I wear it on its own but it also looks lovely when applied over other lipsticks to give it a little something extra. "Gumdrop", like "Lollipop", has silver glitter in it but once the product is applied to the lips it is almost near impossible to detect. "Gumdrop" would make a great addiction to any collection.

Positives
-Smooth application
-Subtle lilac color that works on wide range of skin tones
-Sleek, modern, and young packaging
-Moderate Price (around $6.00)
-Easily available at most drugstores

Negatives
-Not long lasting (needs re-application after about an hour or two)

Twitter I Facebook I YouTube Book Blog Pictures From Places

3 comments:

  1. That's such a pretty colour xx
    Could you plz check out my blog and maybe follow

    Polishofurban.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really stinks that it's not as long lasting as I would have liked it to be. My number one pet peeve with any lipstick is frequent application, especially after only an hour or two. However, it is a gorgeous color with great pigmentation!

    www.hudasbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm this isn't my color but I think it looks nice on you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...