Friday, April 26, 2013

BH Cosmetics 88 Color Matte Eyeshadow Palette Swatches, Photos, + Review

How long has it been since I bought my first BH Cosmetics pallette? I don't even know. I remember I bought it when I first discovered the beauty blogger and YouTube world. It was all so new and exciting. It's still exciting but the novelty has worn off a bit. And I still proud to consider myself an active beauty blogger. 

Back in those days everyone was talking about MAC, BH Cosmetics, and Sigma Makeup Brushes. I was organzing my makeup collection last night and stumbled across this neglected eyeshadow pallete and it brought back so many great memories. There are so many great products on the market that I know a lot of products fail to get the attention they deserve--and BH eyeshadow palletes are one of those products. 


BH has a wide range of 88 eyeshadow palletes available (matte, shimmer, neutral, and many more) but the one that I adored the most when I was beginning to get into makeup was the 88 Matte Pallete. There were so many colors to chose from and it gave me the freedom to explore. Now, when I first received this in the mail I was surprised that not all of the shadows had a matte finish. Odd beacuse this is, after all, a matte pallette. But I wasn't too disappointed (and I don't think too many of BH customers will be either because it's only a couple shadows). 


For the past couple weeks (especially while I was on spring break) I started using this pallete again and I fell in love with it all over again. The bright pinks, blues, and greens are the colors I love using the most. Probably because, while I have a hundred neutral eyeshadows, I don't have a ton of bright, bold shades. They're the perfect thing to add a little color to a neutral look or to go completely crazy. And even though I've had this pallete for years, I still haven't put a dent in half the shadows. 


Some of the shades take a little more work than others (for example, the black is a bit chalky) but most of them are ultra soft and pigmented. I mean look at those bright colors. How did I ever misplace this thing? It's amazing. And the price is even more amazing! I don't remember how much I paid for my pallete but right now, you can get it for $11.50! 88 amazing colors for only $11.50? I think it's such a steal--especially for girls who are new to makeup. 

However, as much as I love this pallete. I am well aware of its flaws. One) These BH palettes are very inexpensive and as a result, the packaging is not the best quality. I remember being a bit annoyed when mine broke a few months after I'd received it in the mail. Two) These eyshadows are very pigmented but they will fade if not used in conjunction with a good primer. Three) If not used over a  primer, they can stain the skin and be a bit difficult to remove. This isn't so much of a problem with the neutral shades but be wary with some of the darker or bolder colors. 

But despite it's flaws (most of which are minor or can be fixed with the use of a good base/primer), I still love this thing. It is a great product for both new comers and experts. I cannot recommend it highly enough. I've given one of these palettes as gifts a few times and I've heard nothing but rave reviews from the people I've given them to. This is such an amazing product--really, really amazing. 

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...