Friday, July 13, 2012

MAC "Viva Glam V" Lipstick Swatch + Review

 As random as it sounds, MAC Viva Glam V was my first MAC lipstick. It isn't a cult classic like Myth or Cream Cup. But I first bought it years ago. I had jsut started getting into makeup and I had become obsessed with beauty videos on YouTube. If there was one thing that they were constantly raving about, it was MAC lipsticks. We don't have a MAC store near where I live but we do have a MAC counter in our local Macy's. I walked in having no idea what I wanted to get, I just knew that I wanted one.
  
I asked the woman what lipsticks she would recommend. I also remember being put off when she picked up this shade. It looks like a horrible muddy brown at first look. I thanked the woman but mentally told myself that I would pick something else when she wasn't looking. But then I swatched it on my hand--I had seen many Youtuber do this--and I saw that it was this beautiful shimmery pink color. If it looked gorgeous on the hand, it looks even better on the lips.
 
Viva Glam V is one of those no fuss, no muss colors. Slap it on and you're good to go. As you can tell, it is a very well-loved color. I'm so glad that the woman recommended it because I never would have given this shade a second look. It is subtle and I think it would look fantastic on any skin tone. I would considered it a "your-lip-color-but-better" shade. I really can't say enough good things about it. Lately I've been trying to try a lot of new products so that I can review them but I had sort of forgotten about my old loves. It now has a place of love in my purse.
  
It also helps a worthy cause. In case you didn't know, proceeds from every purcahse of a Viva Glam lipgloss goes towards the MAC AIDS Foundation. It is the best of both worlds. I think everyone can agree that the fight against AIDS is a worthy cause. What MAC lipsticks is your favorite? I might be expanding my collections sometime this summer and I would love to hear your thoughts!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...