Friday, November 2, 2012

YSL Rouge Volupte #2 "Sensual Silk" Lipstick Swatch + Review

I semi-recently posted a glowing review of the YSL Rouge Volupte in #12 "Forbidden Burgundy". I love that product. It is easily one of my favorite lip products of all time. I got these two lipsticks at the same time and I wasn't quite as impressed with this one. I wish I liked it more but I don't think this is worth the money and I'll tell you why. 

It is a very pretty pinky nude color and I know that you probably won't believe it, looking at this swatch, but it is almost the exact same color as my skin. When I wear it full on I can look a bit dead. I like to wear a pink lip gloss on top of it to make it look a bit less zombie. Or I dab it one with my fingers and get a nice pinky nude flush of color. I picked this shade for the exact opposite reason that I picked #12 "Forbidden Burgundy". I wanted a color that I could wear everyday and now looking at it I wish I had chosen a different color. It is beautiful...but I don't think it is a color that is worth the $34 price tag.

I'm sure you could find a color like this at MAC or ever at the drugstore. There is nothing terribly unique about the color. But the formulation and the packaging make this product SO luxurious. Normally I'm not a big fan of scented lipsticks but I LOVE the scent of this lipstick. It's soft and sweet. I'm sorry, I'm not good at describing scents. And it is so soft--maybe even softer than "Forbidden Burgundy". It goes on so smooth on the lips. Gosh, it is heaven. The packaging is heavy and I think that the YSL packaging is the best packaging out of any brand. It is just fabulous. I'm not trying to say that it isn't a fantastic product--because it is--but I think that it all depends on what you want from a high-end lipstick. I wanted something that I couldn't find at the drugstore but if you want a lipstick that you could wear everyday, this is a fantastic choice. Give it a look. P.S. Happy Halloween!

Have you ever tried a YSL product? Tell me about your experience in the comments below! Chat with me on twitter! Check out my second blog! You can pick up this product here!

4 comments:

  1. I love these lipsticks, too, but use a slightly darker shade. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought the YSL lipstick in a beaufiful dark purple shade -which I love- the only problem is that it is a part of the "pearl" range (something along those lines) and is therefor very shiny, when I in reality think it would have been nicer in a matte or a cream finish.

    xx
    http://makeupyourart.blogspot.dk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...