Monday, November 19, 2012

100% Pure "Vanilla Sugar" Fruit Pigmented Eyeshadow Swatch + Review

A few months ago I wrote a review about the 100% Pure Pineapple Enzyme Facial Peel Mask and I really liked it. It was refreshing and relaxing to use. I was intrigued by their claim that they use "no synthetic chemicals, chemical preservatives, artificial fragrances, artificial colors, harsh detergents or any other unhealthy toxins." And like the makeup junkie that I am, I wanted to try a few of their eyeshadows. I picked "Vanilla Sugar" because I thought it would be a great highlight color like MAC "Naked Lunch".
The packaging is sleek and simple. It is a little hard to open but overall I think the pacckaging is very refreshing.

The formulation of the eyeshadow was NOT impressive. It was flaky and hard to work with. Normally I do my swatches on the back of my hand but I found it hard to get an even, opqaue swatch with this eyeshadow. And I didn't have much luck on my eye lids either. I think that it is impressive that this company wants to create natural products that are good for humans and animals but it isn't a very good quality product.

Even in the swatch above you can see how flaky the product is. I was not impressed. These eyeshadows retail for about $15--you can purchase them here at the 100% Pure online website--but I wouldn't recommend that you do so. There are a lot of products that are easier to work with and are signicicantly cheaper. I was not impressed and I think that this product was a waste of money. Which is kind of disappointing because I thought that the face masks and the blushes are great. If you are intrigued by this company too, I would recommend that you try one of those products first.

Have you ever tried anything from 100% Pure? Tell me about your experience in the comments below! Chat with me on twitter! Check out my second blog!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...