Friday, January 10, 2014

The End of the Holiday Season: Goodbye Christmas Tree + Santa Cat

*spoken like Rafiki from the Lion King* It is time. *back to normal voice* And I think we all know what time I mean. It's time to put away the Christmas decorations for another year. This means that it is the end of the holiday season and that  have to wait six more months until summer break. It makes me want to cry just thinking about it. How did my Christmas break fly by so quickly? Oh, yeah. I remember. I spent half of it sleeping or in pain because I had to get my wisdom teeth removed.

 But before we took down our tree and our lovely decorations I thought I would show you. This year we went with a red and green theme (I wasn't quite sure how it would look but I had faith and it turned out pretty well). All the presents are gone and I really wish that I'd taken a picture on Christmas morning. But alas, I was too excited about presents to think about preserving the moment.

My favorite ornaments are the ten or twelve ornaments that my Grandma made before my sister and I were born. They're cute little things made out of felt and a LOT of sequins. I love all of them but this Santa one is one that I remember loving as a little girl.

Here's a picture of some of our ornaments. If you look at the bottom of the picture there is an ornament that I'm pretty sure is made out of some sort of cookie material that I made when I was in preschool. It kind of scares me that it hasn't molded (or my parents haven't thrown it out) after all these years. 

Since it is the beginning of a New Year I want to take the time to extend a big thank you to all the people who read my blog. It means so much to me. I don't have a large audience by any stretch of the imagination but I have a loyal readership that I love. 2014 is going to be an awesome year and I have lots of plans that I can't wait to share with you. This year I want to get more personal and I hope that it is received well.

Well, enough sad talk. As a thank you for being awesome readers I will end my post with this:
Isn't he adorable? This is my cat Smokey in the Santa suit my sister got for Christmas. He hates it so we only made him wear it for a little big--long enough for my sister to snap this photo. Sigh. It makes me sad that I'll have to wait another year before I get to see this sight again. But at least I'll have this picture. 

22 comments:

  1. haha love your cat in a santa suit!
    the tree ornaments are so cute and love the picture of the tree lights <3

    xo

    Inspirations Have I None

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cat in the Santa suit is the burner!

    And thank you for your pleasant comment on my blog! I checked your blog and I like it <3 Of this cause I would like to follow you on gfc and/or bloglovin. It would be great if you come again to my blog to follow me – then I will follow you immediately back.

    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena

    www.dressedwithsoul.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cat in the santa outfit!!!
    -Maya Corbyn
    corbynandcotheblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cat really made my day. It's always sad to see the holidays go by. Here, we already took our Christmas decorations down last week because had to decorate the house for our Asian New Years thing. I just got my wisdom teeth removed on Monday, but I think I'm one of the luckiest people ever. Total amount of time I spent in pain did not even last 5 minutes. I took 1 painkiller and the pain was gone by evening of the first day.

    Invisible Blush

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, your Christmas decorations look wonderful. My mum already took everything down last week. Love that last picture of your cat, how adorable :)

    Sofie x
    Little green Sofie

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG your cat is soooo cute.
    http://rumelatheshopaholic.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous photos! Your cat looks SO CUTE in that Santa outfit... my cats would never let me do that haha.
    Thanks for visiting my blog! :)

    Helen at Hels Yeah! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how unfortunate that you were in pain during your winter break! :/
    I am sad to see all the Christmas decorations go as well, I wish we could somehow magically have another Christmas! :)
    And how adorable is your cat? Cute! :)

    www.callmemaddie.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how unfortunate that you were in pain during your winter break! :/
    I am sad to see all the Christmas decorations go as well, I wish we could somehow magically have another Christmas! :)
    And how adorable is your cat? Cute! :)

    www.callmemaddie.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, your cat is adorable! Sucks that you had to deal with pain during the break, but it seems like you had a lot of fun anyway :) The santa ornament is really cute~

    xx becky / star-violet.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. this poor cat :D however great pics

    best wishes Lorá
    Papperlapapp

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cat is too cute!!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your blog !!! Are you also on Bloglovin ?? Let me know so i can follow you :)
    http://christinapirate.blogspot.ca/?m=1
    xCx

    ReplyDelete
  15. It´s a pleasure for me that I followed you on gfc <3

    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena

    www.dressedwithsoul.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww that last picture of your cat is ADORABLE!!

    xoxo Jackie
    Something About That

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...