Friday, July 12, 2013

How To Meet a Victoria's Secret Swimsuit Model

Victoria's Secret model, Candice Swanepoel
Wednesday was a very productive day for me. In the morning I published my Best Beauty Gurus on YouTube Pt. One blog post and then a few hours later I got to meet Candice Swanepoel, Victoria's Secret model. Yah, know. Just another Wednesday. But, seriously, I was super excited. Candice came to Seattle as part of the U.S. of Angels Summer Swim Tour which celebrated the new Summer 2013 Swim collection from Victoria's Secret. The event ran from 5-7 PM and you could take pictures with Candice, get a makeover, listen to the DJ, or enter to win a free swim suit of up to $120 value (my sister was one of six lucky winners). 

Seattle was the first stop on the tour but Erin Heatherton will be making an appearance in Milwakee on July 18 and a yet to be unveiled VS Angel will be in Orlando on July 25th. Click here if you want to know more about those upcoming events. If you live in the area, I would recommend going. It was so much fun and it's not like you get the chance to a VS model every day. Right?

Seattle U.S. of Angles Summer Swim Tour with Candice Swanepoel 
 If you are thinking about attending the event I have some advice. Tip #1: Arrive early. Candice arrived at five and she left promptly at seven. Unfortunately for a lot of people that meant that they waited in line but never got to see her. Some people arrived before the mall opened at 10 AM (that's overkill and don't do that) but arriving two or three hours before is a good idea. Click here to see a photo of the line from Candice's instagram. It was insanity. There is also a VIP line available to people who spent $75 on swimsuits and it moves much quicker than the normal line. Also, as an added bonus if you were one of the first people t in line you receive a mini-version of the poster for the event. Tip #2: Bring flats and then change into your heels right before the picture. Tip #3: Bring something to entertain yourself with. You will be standing in line for a while so might as well be productive, right?

Seattle U.S. of Angels Summer Swim Tour with Candice Swanepoel
If there is one thing I learned (other than the fact that Candice is just as beautiful in person) it's that I would make a horrible paparazzi photographer. This is the one usable shot of Candice I got on the day. I guess I need to work on my ability to photograph a moving target. 

Seattle U.S. of Angels Summer Swim Tour with Candice Swanepoel
And here is the photo I took with Candice. She was super nice and friendly. They had a photographer at the event and they printed out a copy of your picture in stores as well as giving you a code to get a digital copy online. There were no autographs or personal photographs inside the store. But I had a really great time at the event. Other than the excitement of helping my sister pick out a free Victoria's Secret swimsuit (literally a dream come true for her) and meeting Candice Swanepoel, the DJ was fantastic and the energy was electric. 

As I mentioned before, Seattle was only the first stop on the U.S. of Angels Summer Swim Tour. Erin Heatherton will be making an appearance in Milwaukee on July 18 and a yet to be unveiled VS Angel (the Angel will be announced the day of Milwaukee's event on July 18) will be in Orlando on July 25th. Click here if you want to know more about those upcoming events. 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...