Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Top 10 Most Worn Summer Lip Products

I have finally come to terms with the fact that summer is gone. I know, I know. I wish I could deny it but fall is here and I have accepted that. I'm looking forward to layering and fall colors but I can also look back at the last four months with fond memories. I got a pretty good mix of high-end and drugstore products--although I didn't do a very good job about trying different brands this summer. It's been pretty much all Revlon or MAC. I split them up into high-end and drugstore [and then split the drugstore into lipsticks and stains].

From right to left: YSL Rouge Volupte #12 Forbidden Burgundy ($34), MAC Milan Mode ($15), MAC Viva Glam V ($15), MAC Lustering ($15)

The YSL Rouge Volupte lipstick is so pigmented. It can look a bit intimidating when you swatch it but I hardly ever wear it at full opacity on my lips. Instead I like to dab it gently onto the center of my top and bottom lip before sheering it out with my finger. It gives the most luxurious stained effect to the lips. MAC Lustering (swatch #4) and Milan Mode (#2) give a very similar look to the lips. I don't think you need both. Go for Lustering if you love a creamy, sheer look and go for Milan Mode if you want a bit of sparkle. I love both--it just depends on the mood. And finally MAC Viva Glam V (swatch #3) is the perfect shimmery, your-lips-but-better lipstick. It looks fantastic on everyone that I've seen wear it and it's a nice break from all the bold color I'd seemed to be wearing this summer.
 
From right to left: Revlon Lip Butter Sweet Tart ($6.48), Revlon Lip Butter Gumdrop ($6.48)

As you can tell, this summer I loved wearing this bright pink shade. Sweet Tart is easy to throw on the lips. It's super moisturizing and I chose to wear it on days wear I was feeling the desire to wear something lighter than a lipstick. But Gumdrop is a very unique shade--it is the only truly lilac color that I feel comfortable reaching for. It gives a beautiful hint of purple to the lips. It's subtle but really unique. I'll admit that I wore this more often in June and July but it is a color that I think belongs in any girl's makeup collection.

From right to left: Revlon Balm Stain Romantic ($7.48), Revlon Balm Stain Lovesick ($7.48), Revlon Lipstain Forbidden ($7.98), Maybelline Stain Gloss Pink Plush ($6.94)

The Revlon Balm Stain in Romantic was the only red lip that I needed this summer. It was light but pigmented and it looked easy and effortless. It last well and it is super moisturizing. I'm obsessed with these balm stains which is why I had to include another one of my favorite shades from this line--Lovesick. It is a bright, bold pink color. It was the color that Emma Stone wore in all the advertisements and she looked so pretty that I had to pick it up. It was brighter than I'd been expecting but it was still gorgeous.

The Revlon lipstain in Forbidden is easily the darkest color in the group. It can look brown and unappealing but with my slightly tanner complexion towards the end of the summer, it looks stunning. It has this vampy-esque vibe to it that still manages to look summery. If that makes any sense. I loved this color if I was wearing bright colors to act as a bit of a contrast. And finally, my only Maybelline product. I recently got to try out these stain glosses that are a semi-new release. It last really well but I prefer to use them the same way I use my YSL Rouge Volupte lipstick. I dab a bit on my upper and lower lips and blend it in using my finger. It gives a subtle but gorgeous stain. Also, it's mom and grandma approved. What's not to love?

From right to left: YSL Rouge Volupte #12 Forbidden Burgundy, MAC Milan Mode, MAC Viva Glam V, MAC Lustering, Revlon Lip Butter "Gumdrop", Revelon Lip Butter "Sweet Tart", Revlon Balm Stain "Romantic", Revlon Balm Stain "Lovesick", Revlon Lipstain "Forbidden", Maybelline Gloss Stain "Pink Plush"

Here are all the colors swatched together. The YSL lipstick, Revlon Lip Butter "Sweet Tart", and MAC Milan Mode were the colors that I wore the most. I have done reviews for most of the lip products mentioned above, if you want full reviews and more pictures click on the links above. This past summer was one of the best of my life and I can't wait until next year. I've already started classes for the new year and I figured that now would be my last chance to do this post. I hope you enjoyed this post. Tell me in the comments below what some of your most worn summer lip products were! Don't forget to chat with me on twitter! And check out my second blog!

4 comments:

  1. Great post! I really love Lustering, Sweet Tart and the revlon balm stains :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Revlon Lip Butters and Lip Balm Stains are my absolute favs! I love The Way They Apply.

    Great Post, Followed!

    My Fashion/Beauty Blog.
    http://xfruitytooty.blogspot.co.uk/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love love love lip products and these all look great to me! i have been wanting to get a ysl lipstick, that's definitely next on my list. :D

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    Too Much Soul Giveaway

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...