Monday, November 14, 2011

Aerie Holiday Trunk Show 2011








Last Thursday I had the amazing opportunity to attend Aerie's Holiday Trunk Show at my local mall with a couple of my friends. I first heard about the show through Aerie's twitter and then I went to their Facebook page to learn more about the details. Essentially it was an event open to anyone who wanted a glimpse at their new holiday collection before anyone else.

I will admit, it being my first trunk show, I wasn't sure what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was very low-key and all the girl's were extremely friendly. When I first arrived, not much of the new collection was out but the girls working were doing their best to get everything on display for shoppers. I checked out the Slim Gyms [also known as yoga pants], the hats [do you like my picture above], and then the bras [all of them were 40% off]. But my favorite pieces weren't actually clothing items but the slippers. Perfect for the holiday season. I couldn't decided which ones I like best. Heck, I couldn't even decide which color I wanted. But in the end I decided on blue. I felt they were more festive. I'm also kind of regretting not getting this super cute deer top. But I don't really need it. Do I?

We finally left the store but I'm sad to say minus the puff-ball hat. But I enjoyed my experience--even if my wallet wouldn't agree--and I'm officially in the mood for Christmas even though it's not even Thanksgiving yet. Before I went to college I never lived near an Aerie store and I wasn't really familiar with the merchandise. It shouldn't be surprising that I like the stuff so much considering what an American Eagle junkie I am. For those who don't know, Aerie is more laid back style of clothes. Comparable to the things at VS PINK--but for the American Eagle girl. That means less branding and more affordable.

Do you attend Aerie's trunk show? If you did, what did you think? And for those who didn't know or have the chance to attend, what do you think of Aerie? Please leave your thoughts in the comments below. I'd love to hear from you.

3 comments:

  1. I love Aerie! Sounds like a really fun event, and I love all the fair isle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also got to attend the Aerie Trunk Show. I had a great time. I got a few new items for my wardrobe {and have already made a return trip to pick up one of the sweaters I couldn't live without! I'm getting the other for Christmas!} I absolutely love Aerie! This may be tmi but, all my underwear are from there! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never shopped in Aerie, but maybe now I'll have to stop in!! :)

    I have an awesome Sonia Kashuk GIVEAWAY I think you'll love, going on now! Stop by and enter! :)

    <3 Jessica

    http://minorducatsmajorcloset.blogspot.com/2011/11/sonia-kashuk-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...