Thursday, September 1, 2011

What to Wear on a Summer Date

Today is another "how to" post. I got an email yesterday from a familiar person to Viva La Fashion. Abby, the girl from my What to Wear on a Casual Date post, wrote me again. She says:

"Hey, Lane. It's me, Abby. I wrote you before and you were a big help. Thanks for that. I'm still dating the boy that made me write you. We're happy. But now that summer is here, we're going to be spending some time at the beach/sea side. What can I wear to the beach? I want to look fun and cool and casual. The Polyvore set helped me last time. Could you do that again?"

I was so excited when I got this email. That I knew I had to write a post.


Casual Summer Date

Casual Summer Date by randon1993

Dressing for summer is the best because there are little to no limitations. I remember from the last time Abby wrote me that she didn't like wearing black and so I decided to keep that in mind when I created this set. I started with the Tucker top because it was light, perfect for the summer heat, and the color was bold. It is hard to go too bold in the summer months. Always possible. Just hard.

Jean shorts seemed like the next plausible step. Every girl should have a pair of great denim shorts. Every girl should also have a pair of comfy sandals. I don't think that was a very controversial statement. During the summer I LIVE in my shorts and my sandals/flats. It's so bothersome to wear socks. If I can avoid doing so, I do.

Next I paired this beautiful and drool-worthy Marc by Marc Jacobs bag that matches perfectly with the strappy sandals. Finally, in accordance with my earlier statement, I added some fun but subtle jewelry. I am obsessed with this Kate Spade bow ring ever since I saw Ingrid wearing it. So cute! And that bumble bee necklace adds a bit of color to the look without going overboard.

Abby and I have talked through email for a while and her style is more subtle and subdued. I hope this helps Abby! And thanks for writing. Also, check out my How to Make Crocs Cute, post because that is another super cute summer look. I'm thinking about doing a series of posts about dressing for summer in the next few months. Don't forget to leave your advice for Abby in the comments below!

6 comments:

  1. Aw, I remember that post--so glad it worked out for Abby and the boy! And I'm liking this outfit--that top is darling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. obsessed with that shirt and bag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love that top and the cute bag! Now off to see how to make crocs cute! Didn't know you could, lol!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a great relaxed and casual chic look! Especially the bag!!!


    Come check out my giveaway:

    http://mishialamode.blogspot.com/2011/06/birthday-eye-love-you-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those shorts!
    xo Josie
    www.winksmilestyle.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...